As basement for developing our latest generation of spline rolling machines, the XK8e-series, we asked our customers about their daily challenges and conducted intensive research. As a result, we set the following development goals:
- Involute splines can be produced extremely precisely in the soft process with a wide variety of forming processes. However, in the subsequent heat treatment, distortions occur in the measurement oveer pins and in the spline taper, which lead to significantly lower qualities, or even to rejects.
INNOVATION TASK 1: The machine must be able to correct the measurement over pins and the spline taper!
- The investment costs must meet the processing task, as well as the quality requirements in order to achieve competitive advantages in the unit costs.
INNOVATION TASK 2: The machine must be configurable according to the requirements of the customer!
- Space requirements and intelligent automation solutions are becoming increasingly important. A maximum output per square meter reduces the investment costs.
INNOVATION TASK 3: The machine should be designed as compact as possible. The loading and unloading area must be designed optimally for automation solutions!
- The machine control system must be logically structured for the operators, comply with international standards, comply with the latest Industry 4.0 solutions and have standardized interfaces.
INNOVATION TASK 4: The machine control should combine state-of-the-art technologies. App-based interfaces should make it easier for skilled workers to operate.
- Most likely the existing rolling tools are not compatible with older machines with different machine openings.
INNOVATION TASK 5: The machines should be compatible with all historical machine openings 5.5″ to 8.0″ without any modifications.
With the new XK8e series, all these tasks have been solved while continuing the proven technologies. Thus we offer you the most innovative machine concept for the cross rolling of splines!